BASED IN: Durban, Kwa-Zulu Natal
REPORTS TO: Continuous Improvement Manager
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
In Centrevo we are further growing our ‘best in class’, Continuous Improvement Team and are now looking for another talented individual to join us as an Analyst on our exciting journey.
Our team works very closely with our Clients and Operational colleagues using several techniques and our specialism is Lean Six Sigma methodology. Whilst experience of this is highly desirable, for the right candidate it’s not essential as we can help support with training and development.
We envisage that the ideal candidate will already be in one of the following roles – Analyst in Continuous Improvement, Quality Assurance (undertaking complex root cause analysis), or as a Business Analyst.
So, if you are a team player, have strong analytical skills, are curious, proactive and enjoy identifying and delivering improvements that make a sustainable difference then this role could be ideal for you.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 or Equivalent or Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt (or higher) Accreditation.
- At least 12 months successful experience in an Analyst role (see above).
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio (Intermediate Level)
Experience of Continuous Improvement methodologies will be advantageous e.g. understanding of system development life cycle and application of DMAIC / Agile
Assist in the identification of improvement initiatives:
- Fully support the Continuous Improvement (CI) Manager in identifying improvement initiatives.
- Application and use of problem-solving methodologies used in determining root causes and formulating corrective actions.
- Work closely with Operational teams, Quality Assurance, Stakeholders, Clients, and CI Manager to ensure that opportunities and problems are fully understood.
- Proactively listening to partners and finding new ways to help.
Manage the implementation of improvement initiatives in the business:
- Fully support the CI Manager in delivering a variety of improvement initiatives from Test and Learn Pilots to complete process improvement initiatives across the business.
- Provide regular (daily) updates to the CI Managers on the progress of initiatives.
- Develop surveys, moderate online, observe, analyse, and report results.
- Submit regular reports and ad hoc analyses for the various Improvement initiatives.
- Apply appropriate and effective problem CI techniques (i.e. value stream mapping, one piece flow, problem-solving) within the various initiatives.
Level of Authority:
- The Analyst will be responsible for managing multiple initiatives concurrently.
- The Analyst works under the guidance of the CI Manager but is required to manage the day-to-day details of the improvement initiatives.
- Management is around frequent reporting and review of issues, but work is not closely managed.
- Ideas for improvement would be identified and discussed with the business to ensure clarity prior to review with the CI Manager.
Competencies and characteristics required (note some of these will be trained over time):
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a positive organized approach to Internal and External stakeholder engagement.
- Active Listening skills and the ability to influence others.
- Excellent timekeeping skills with the ability to work under pressure and manage against an agreed project/work schedule.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Problem-solving methodologies i.e. thought maps, DMAIC, root cause analysis, Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis, Gage R&R, control, and Pareto charts.
- Ideally, Lean Six Sigma Techniques (Value stream mapping, one piece flow and problem solving).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Expert in Microsoft Excel.
- Curiosity and systems-based approach to problem identification and resolution.
- Quick learner with the ability to understand end-to-end processes.
- Ability to work within multiple virtual teams whilst retaining an independent perspective.
- Assertive and passionate about driving improvement at people, process, policy, and system platform levels.
- Can balance the needs of multiple stakeholders (client, business & colleague).
- Self-motivated, effective and capable of prioritization and working under pressure.
If this role is of interest to you then please submit your CV together with a letter of motivation explaining why and what relevant skills and experience you have that makes you suitable; to Careers@Centrevo.co.za